Saturday 26 November 2011

Memories...

'The reason I created this was to share with everyone what I'm doing over here. I created it also as a record for me, to help me remember, and re-live every experience. We all know I'm not brilliant at updating this blog. I'm the queen of procrastination. Eventually I will catch up, but in the meantime, I jot down in dotpoints the majority of the things I do in brief documents on my computer and take a billion photos everywhere I go.

Well two weeks ago my computer crashed. So there goes all my stories and saved photos. BUT ITS OKAY, I was smart and stored it all on my external hard drive.
Oh and then my hard drive decided to crash... BUT ITS OKAY, because I keep the majority of my photos still on my camera which has an 8GB memory card.
Oh yesterday my camera got stolen by an invisible person/pigeon. So there goes this past month of photos. Which included the 6 different countries I've travelled to, a close friends farewell, my farewell party, thanksgiving and random other outings. That stung like a beeeeeeach.

So what am I left with?

I could be Emo and say 'Nothing', but I suppose I've got memories. Memories hat will stay with me until I get grey hair, wrinkles and probably dementia.

I leave London in 5 days. I'm leaving without my laptop, and without my camera. This trip took the two most important things from me. I kept them close to my heart all this time, treated them like they were my children and then lost them both in the last month. RIP.

So what is the point of this post?

To remind you to update your blog and save photos onto 10 harddrives all made from different companies.
To complain about how I've lost everything importantly materialistic to me... but Ill probably grow, somehow, from this experience.
To warn you of the sneakyness of pigeons, and to bring to your knowledge that invisibility cloaks DO exist.

Or just to remind myself and anyone reading, that something may be incredibly important to you, but you can live without it. Anyone that knows me, would know how much it hurt me to lose all this... But hey, Im still breathing, so that's a good sign, aint it:?

So until I save my pennies, and buy a new computer, don't expect anything from me. Ill be back in Australia for a long time before I write about that time I went to Berlin in the middle of 2011.

Signing out. Madison Heal.
(Written from my amazing housemates laptop :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment