Monday 31 October 2011

Adios!

I write this as I sit on the shuttle bus staring out the window on my way to Barcelona airport. Looking at the advertising around the city of the most famous sights I think to myself "I've been there, I've seen that". I feel like a local, almost. Walking everywhere, you start to use the map less and less. You get a feel for the city, you learn the back streets and find shortcuts. Graffiti doors, a smokey scent, cultural alleyways and incredible architecture all become apart of the norm and every day routine. I would feel a great sadness right now if I knew this was my only chance to ever be in Barcellona, but I know that I will once again walk these streets. If everything goes according to my plan, I'll be back in less then a year. This trip has been but a taste of the main meal yet to come. Until then. Adios Barcelona. Te amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment